On Monday, all students will be subject to a bandwidth quota of 2GB per week (only M-F 6am-5pm).
We monitored average use for two months and saw that the average use by 97% or more of our students was about 0.5-1.5 GB but that the use of 3% was wildly above the average. So in order to make students more conscious of their usage, we have made a system that will not only track and limit, but it will also allow them to see how much they have used as a graph. Please be sure to let us know if this has any negative impact on learning. We are hoping for a positive impact since everyone should now have more speed without the traffic of a minority.
Please be sure to read the Monday announcement to your kiddos.
Staff quota has been set to 10GB or 10,000MB for now so you can see your own usage but not likely ever get to that limit.
How to View Your Quota
- You will be able to find your remaining quota live by going to this link: http://web.stats/ .
- Click “Command + d” in order to add a bookmark to your browser.
- Save it by clicking “Done.”
- In future, click the bookmark to return to web.stats or just type web.stats in a browser.
- Keep an eye on your daily usage to know if you have enough to make it to Friday.